Location: New York, New York
Dear Kate is reimagining what women can expect from their apparel. In addition to being silky soft and unbelievably comfortable, each pair of our underwear and yoga pants is lined with our patent-pending fabric technology which is wicking, stain-releasing, and leak-resistant, giving women the confidence to take the world by storm. Dear Kate is seeking a Finance Director to join our entrepreneurial team on an exciting path to take the business to the next level. Reporting to the CEO, this individual will partner with the CEO to design and develop the finance function from the ground up. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering value-added business analysis, defining and tracking meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making in addition to normal accounting functions. We look for teammates that are go-getters, filled with ideas, honest, down to earth, and excited to tell everyone they meet about Dear Kate.
- Drive on-going development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting (5-yr plans across P&L and Balance Sheet, including partnering with CEO and Operations to forecast revenue by product line by month/quarter/year), Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Perform all accounting functions: e.g. maintaining the general ledger (i.e. account payables, account receivables, etc.), monthly and quarterly financial reporting (P&L and Balance Sheet), daily and weekly reporting (e.g. budget vs. actual variances and explanation of variances), ensure corporate tax compliance and accurate and timely completion of corporate tax returns, manage billing, collections, payroll, benefits, and third party service providers (e.g. tax, legal), etc.
- Ensure integrity and timeliness of all internal, Board/Investor reporting and presentations
- Implement and work with business intelligence tools to produce weekly dashboard reports which shall include KPI’s and business trends analyzing current and past data (e.g. revenue, cost of sales, expenses, customer service, etc.), highlighting causes of unexpected variance
- Partner closely with CEO in the development, tracking, reporting and analysis of operational and financial metrics, including marketing program ROI and CAC, pricing analysis, as well as new projects
- Drive discussions with CEO and develop analyses to support company initiatives and financial decisions
- Work closely with team members to drive operational efficiency and process improvement across the organization to improve profitability
- Monitor industry trends and competitive dynamics, summarizing findings for CEO and assessing potential impact on strategic plans
- 3+ years experience in finance or quantitative analysis role (e.g. business/financial planning & analysis, corporate or public accounting, investment banking, etc.) – experience in e-commerce, apparel and or manufactured goods company a huge plus
- BS or BA (preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics) and top academic performer
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills (strong financial modeling skills preferred)
- Quickbooks knowledge strongly preferred
- CPA or strong understanding of GAAP accounting and finance (including preparation of financial statements) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MBA a plus
- Strategic thinker and highly analytical (data driven and results based)
- Highly focused, driven, creative and self-motivated
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, i.e. high standards of accuracy and precision
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform in a demanding environment while consistently meeting deadlines
- Scrappy (can execute with minimal resources) and able to roll-up sleeves as team player and work with team members in a hands-on approach
- Can-do attitude with a genuine desire to make meaningful contributions to a team with big aspirations
Send your resume with a note telling HongJoo Sun why you’re up for the challenge to email@example.com.