Rosemary & Bittersweet Chocolate Quick Bread (Recipe from Family Style Food)
- 3/4 cup spelt flour (or use an equal amount of all purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch or smaller pieces
- Rosemary sugar
- Position an oven rack to the middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 4 small loaf pans (5" x 2") or one regular loaf pan with olive oil. Place the pans on a baking sheet. If using a single loaf pan, you can skip the baking sheet.
- Put the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and coriander in a large bowl. Use a whisk to blend the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs thoroughly. Add the olive oil and whisk together. Add the milk and rosemary and mix again just to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry, stirring gently to combine. Stir in the chocolate until evenly distributed.
- Divide the batter among the pans and smooth the top. Sprinkle tops evenly with some Rosemary Sugar, about 2 teaspoons each, or regular sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for small loaves; 45- 50 minutes for standard loaf or until the tops are domed and a skewer inserted in the middle of the loaves comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack before slicing either warm or cool.
Follow Adda @addabjork on Twitter and online at her company Skillcrush.com
Follow Quiessence at @itsquiessence and itsquiessence.com
Follow Arikia on Twitter @arikia // Follow LadyBits on Twitter @LadyBits
Follow Sarah @styleit and styleitonline.com